Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Butler

Truly one of the more shocking things I've witnessed in awhile was Butler's Cinderella run in the NCAA Tournament. I know they didn't win it all but I am proud to say that I was there to witness Butler nearly win the National Championship. Ever since Butler won Saturday night, Monday was the only thing I was looking forward to. I was content on watching the game in my apartment with a bunch of friends but that was until I got a call from my dad at around 5:30 informing me that he had an extra ticket for me.

Being at the game was truly a remarkable experience. I'm a die hard Hoosier fan but it's very hard to root against a hometown team, especially when they're in the National Championship. Seeing Butler play for a National championship is something that likely won't happen again in my lifetime. The atmosphere in Lucas Oil stadium was unbelievable. The support Butler received from the entire city of Indianapolis and really almost every outside of Duke nation was amazing.

The game itself was just as great as the atmosphere. We ended up having pretty good seats and it was a great basketball game. Definitely one of the best national championships I have ever seen. It's too bad they lost but no one can blame them for playing hard. I was proud to be a Butler fan that night and I will be rooting more for them from now on.

1 comment:

  1. My husband is SO jealous . . . I hear it was a great game . . :)

    ReplyDelete